January 26, 2011

Days in the Life


Touring the White House Garden and West Wing...



Hiking up the West Virginia hills at a Grace DC retreat with Melissa (we make up 2/3 of the blonde trio)...

Finally getting to show Becca my life in DC...

Winning a few (okay, all except the Championship, but I'm not one to brag) flag football games...



campaigning my heart out for Senator Lincoln, and ultimately job searching and looking for new opportunities...getting to go to a Razorback football game....falling in love with my church, Grace DC, and all of the amazing people that it brings together who have become my best friends... riding in an elevator with Clay Aiken... turning friends in family... going skiing at Wisp in McHenry, MD (although there is, unfortunately, no photographic evidence of this adventure)... going to symphonies and to see "The Nutcracker"... learning what it means to really be living on your own, luckily I get to figure it out with an amazing roommate and friend... going through an emotional roller coaster with a friend through the diagnosis, treatment, and survival of cancer... trying new "hot spots" in DC...and mainly, just enjoying life and whichever curve balls and blessings get thrown my way!

1 comment:

  1. can I just say how happy I am that you're back writing????? love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking Outloud